Brooklyn, NY Member since September 2015
I have extensive experience in the fields of photography, retouching, assisting, commercial art, web creation and computer applications, complemented by a knowledge of business operations and the need for client-focused service.
As a photographer I have focused primarily on beauty and portraiture, and secondarily on still life and product photography: Worked with a variety of clients to create commercial and editorial images in multiple formats, from concept to end-product.
As a retoucher I'm a Photoshop master: Ten years of experience in retouching and composite creation of high-end still-life and people photography for numerous publications, advertising agencies and photographers.
As an assistant, I have taken part in major advertising and editorial productions for clients such as Visa, Samsung and The New York Times, among others. Involvement in all stages of high-end advertising, editorial, and personal projects (image and motion): pre-production, team management, set and lighting direction, digital capture and retouching. My responsibilities during these projects ranged from lighting and digital technician, to post production and retouching.
As a teacher I evaluated, trained and instructed photography and Photoshop to students (associate’s degree level) and interns.
• Exceptional knowledge of digital and film photography: 35mm, medium and large format cameras, phase backs, Mamiya & Canon cameras.
• Excellent knowledge of Continuous, Strobe and Natural Lighting (Studio and Location) including: Profoto, Elinchrome and Broncolor systems. HMI, Kino, tungsten lights…
• Knowledge of filmmaking on set (lighting and recording).
• Expert in Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, Capture One 9, Adobe Bridge, Camera RAW, Helicon Focus 6 and web management. Mac OSX/PC Platforms.
• Proficient in color management (profiling and calibrating).
• Native Spanish speaker. Fluent in English. Valid NY driver’s license (automatic and stick shift, car and motorbike) and US passport.